Jala is joined by Dave Cox (Monster Dear Monster) and Marcus (Rain's Animations) to discuss how the internet has both given us another identity, and also affected our sense of self.
Mentioned during the episode:
- Jala-chan's Place Ep 5: Performance & Identity
- How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone by Brian McCullough
- How Sex Changed the Internet and the Internet Changed Sex: An Unexpected History by Samantha Cole
- The Internet of Us: Knowing More and Understanding Less in the Age of Big Data by Michael P. Lynch
- Artificial Unintelligence: How Computers Misunderstand the World by Meredith Broussard
- LeVar Burton Reads "The Regression Test" by Wole Talabi Note: I say in the episode that the author is a lady. I was wrong! The author is male.
- Ray Bradbury's short story There Will Come Soft Rains
The sci-fi author Marcus mentioned who wrote a female character whose breasts reacted to her mood was Robert Heinlein. The below is from his book, Number of the Beast.
A particularly scathing review of the book which Marcus recommends can be found here.
Support this show via Ko-fi! Just like Patreon, there are subscription tiers (with bonus content!) in addition to the ability to drop us a one-time donation. Every little bit helps us put out better quality content and keep the lights on, and gets a shout out in a future episode. Check out ko-fi.com/fireheartmedia for the details!
Don't forget to rate & review us on your podcasting platform of choice~