Jala is joined by two new guests, Andy and Suzie, to discuss accessibility needs, challenges disabled people face, and universal design and its benefits.
Mentioned during the episode:
- Frasier Looking At Video Games
- Rebirth Garments
- Sophie J Butler's post about disabled people and airlines
- Common Barriers to Participation Experienced by People with Disabilities
- The 10 Most Common Accessibility Issues (with web interfaces)
- Lack of Accessibility Can Create Long Term Impact on People With Disabilities
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Accessibility Solutions for Different Types of Physical Disabilities
- What is the difference between accessible, usable and universal design?
- Universal Design Principles
- Lib Guide: Universal Design
Note: This episode is marked "explicit" for language.
Tiers are now available on Ko-fi! Perks include shoutouts on our shows, access to show notes, blog posts, and reviews with more in the wings as we work out further incentives.
We ALSO have a new goal! Once we reach $1.5K we will release a new podcast called Put That Cookie Down Now, an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie show covering every Arnie movie chronologically. We REALLY wanna make this show but the extra work, materials etc means we need some help getting there. All subscriptions and one-shot donations apply toward the goal so if you want to hear this content, make it happen at ko-fi.com/fireheartmedia!
Support this show via Ko-fi! Just like Patreon, there are subscription tiers (with bonus content!) in addition to the ability to drop us a one-time donation. Every little bit helps us put out better quality content and keep the lights on, and gets a shout out in a future episode. Check out ko-fi.com/fireheartmedia for the details!
Don't forget to rate & review us on your podcasting platform of choice~
Andy - @andy_k_250
Suzie is a member of the Jala-chan's Place Discord. If you are interested in joining the Discord please shoot a message to Jala.