Jala is joined by Antonio and Raúl to explore their experiences as the children of immigrants to the United States. They discuss childhood, fitting in (or, more appropriately, NOT fitting in), not being "enough," the struggle to remain connected to their parents' cultures, and more.
- Why Do People Immigrate?
- Caught Between Two Worlds: The Struggles of First Generation Americans
- Study: Children of immigrants have advantage in academics, school engagement
- Why the Children of Immigrants Are the Ones Getting Ahead in America
- To Be the Child of an Immigrant
- There are also several books mentioned in the DEIB resources list from episode 3 that are worth checking out.
Victualiv vitamins are specially formulated for vegans, those curious about plant-based nutrition, and anyone in transition. They are the vitamins that both Jala and Dave use! Definitely check them out!
Support this show via Ko-fi! Just like Patreon, there are subscription tiers (with bonus content!) in addition to the ability to drop us a one-time donation. Every little bit helps us put out better quality content and keep the lights on, and gets a shout out in a future episode. Check out ko-fi.com/fireheartmedia for the details!
Don't forget to rate & review us on your podcasting platform of choice~
Antonio and Raúl are mysterious shadowy figures only visible out of the corner of your eye.