Jala is joined by Briar and Zombi to talk about how gender identity affects everyone and why it is significant, as well as discussing how we engage with masculinity. This is a continuation of the performance of identity themes of prior topical episodes.
NOTE: Briar was supposed to be on this episode but due to internet troubles, created a blog post instead for their part of the episode. Please be sure to check out their post here: Briar Engages With Masculinity!
- Exploring Gender and Gender Identity
- Gender Identity and Mental Health
- The Role of Gender Affirmation in Psychological Well-Being Among Transgender Women
Referenced during the show:
- Sticky Dilly Buns from Pixie Trix Comix - The webcomic that helped Zombi realize they are gender fluid.
- Sister Claire - A webcomic with great queer, trans and poly representation, including the shapeshifting gender fluid bird witch that Zombi would like very much to be.
- ALOK: The Urgent Need for Compassion - YouTube podcast episode from Man Enough, with ALOK. This is a must watch!
Support this show via Ko-fi! Just like Patreon, there are subscription tiers (with bonus content!) in addition to the ability to drop us a one-time donation. Every little bit helps us put out better quality content and keep the lights on, and gets a shout out in a future episode. Check out ko-fi.com/fireheartmedia for the details!
Don't forget to rate & review us on your podcasting platform of choice~